BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mrs. Lovegood's Experiment

"Ah, yes. Let's try this." said Mrs. Lovegood as she added a sprig of peppermint to the alreayd overflowing potion. The cauldron was bubbling and a bit of slime fell out of it.
"Oh! Luna, don't move!" Luna was sitting in the corner flipping through her copy of The Tales of Beedle The Bard, a book she had read countless times before. She looked up at her mum.
"Okay mummy!" Mrs. Lovegood ran into the kitchen to grab a towel.
"LUNA! Don't touch that!" Mrs. Lovegood ran back into the room as she heard her husband scream.
"You really need to watch her more carefully! You cannot trust a nine year old around a cauldron!"
"I'm sorry Xeno, I just had to grab a towel to clean up some goo. There, it's gone now." she said wiping the mess.
"You could have just used magic to clean it up." He replied.
"I don't trust magic when I'm experimenting. What if something went wrong and I exploded the house?"
"Alright, but watch her more carefully! I have to finish writing and the article is due tomorrow!" Xeno said as he walked out of the room.Mrs. Lovegood pushed back her silvery blond hair and tied it up with a purple ribbon. This was how she usually wore it when she was experimenting. She smiled as her daughter, Luna, pulled her hair back and tied it back with her purple ribbon. Luna was a miniature version of her mom. Mrs. Lovegood smiled and went back to work. She looked into the cauldron and saw her silvery blue eyes staring back at her. The potion had completely evaporated and water was all that was left. Mrs. Lovegood wandered around the house and opened up all the windows. She didn't want her family getting poisoned by any lingering fumes. Luna followed her around, gazing up at her with her big blue eyes.
"Mommy! Guess what! Daddy said when I'm a big girl we can go hunting for Crumple Horned Snorkacks!" Luna exclaimed.
"Well that's wonderful sweetie! I can't wait to go!" Mrs. Lovegood said as she leaned down to hug her daughter. Luna beamed. "Mommy has t ogo work on her potion. Do you want to help me?"
Luna nodded fervently and the pair walked back into the basement. Mrs. Lovegood put the cauldron back onto the fire and put more water in.
"Do you see those green things over there? That's peppermint. Can you put a handful of that in?" Luna nodded and went to go get the peppermint. She tossed it into the fire.
"Good. Now can you go get some of those tulip petals? Good, good." Mrs. Lovegood as Luna took a few petals and put them in the fire. Mrs. Lovegood pointed her wand at the wall and it spun around. There were several shelves of jars of what looked like eyes, teeth, and several things nobody could tell what they were. She grabbed a few jars and dumped the contents into the cauldron, now a deep purple and was boiling. Mrs. Lovegood coughed. She had had Dragon Pox for a few weeks. She quickly took the cauldron off of the fire and put it on her desk. She went to grab a few empty jars. She took a spoon and dipped it into the cauldron. She slowly drank the contents of the spoon and her Dragon Pox instantly disappeared.
"I've done it! I've done it! I've found- No! There could be spies! Always look out for spies, Luna." Mrs. Lovegood poured the contents of the potion into the empty jars and his them in the secret room. The potion was never seen again.

Luna tripped and fell down the stairs, giving her amnesia for a week. When she finally regained her memory, she could not remember anything about a secret room or a potion.

One of Mrs. Lovegood's experiments went horribly wrong and she was killed in the accident and the potion remains there today.